The Funnelback team are excited to announce that Funnelback 15.24.0 is now available!
Some of the highlights in this release are listed below but there is sooo much more so do take a look at the release notes available at https://docs.funnelback.com/more/release-notes/recent/15.24.0.html.
You can find copies of the 15.24.0 installers at: https://download.funnelback.com/ (requires an account).
Released : 23 October 2019
Supported until: 23 October 2022 (Long Term Support Version)
APIs for Push Collections Push collections now provide APIs for restoration of a snapshot, including support for fetching the snapshot to be restored automatically from a remote server.
Configuration File Consolidation Configuration settings for contextual navigation, quicklinks and form interaction are now within the general collection configuration, allowing them to be set via the configuration interface or via the associated REST APIs.
Performance Improvements for
- auto complete file build performance for profiles reducing update times
- performance of accessibility auditor on collections covering many domains
- query performance when many curator rules are defined for any profile under a collection
- time taken by the update step ContentAuditorSummary
- improved include_patterns presentation in configuration interface to better handle large sets of patterns
- improved interaction with web resources directories containing unpublished changes
- implementation of search sessions and cart functionality within the default search template is now simpler and has fewer library dependencies
- search results data model now includes more useful debugging information related to running internal queries against search indexes
- improved support for faceted navigation with queries that contain bigrams (such as CJKT characters)
- improved support for running faceted navigation on extra searches
Knowledge Graph Changes
- now models metadata with multiple values in a list form, allowing for correct presentation of values containing separator characters
- configuration now allows a default template to be configured for entity types which do not have a dedicated template
- when sorted by date, knowledge graph entities are now grouped under useful headings showing the relative date
- entities can now have fallback thumbnail defined for use if some entities do not define their own thumbnail image
- entities can now be created for items with no logical URL to send a user to, and are presented without a view link in this case
- improved alignment of entity images and data within knowledge graph widget
- Funnelback's recommended memory requirements have been increased to reflect higher memory usage seen in practice due to new features introduced over the last few releases.
- Some license keys generated in the past will now trigger a warning saying "This collection is configured with a license in a deprecated form that will not be supported in a future version of Funnelback. Please use the license portal, or contact Funnelback, to request a new license key". To avoid issues in a future upgrade please ensure new licenses are applied to any affected collections.
- The sec.profile.manage is now used to determine whether a user can create a service rather than the broader sec.administer.system permission.
- Editing result templates in the admin UI now requires only sec.template permission.
- Editing web resources in the admin UI now requires only sec.web-resources permission.